Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has confirmed that Christian Pulisic will make the matchday squad for the club’s Premier League game against Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge.
The United States international has been out of action since the FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal where he picked up hamstring injury in the opening minutes of the second half.
The 22-year-old was initially fancied to return to first-team training in the second week of September, but manager Frank Lampard delayed his reintegration in order to avoid any relapse of the injury.
Earlier today, the USMNT star was spotted working alongside his teammates on the playing field and Lampard has confirmed that he may make an appearance off the bench against Palace.
“Pulisic is in the squad for tomorrow. He won’t start the match because of the injury he’s had and it’s been a difficult injury but I am very keen to get him back in there,” He told.
Pulisic has been hampered by multiple injuries during his young career, but he has still proved his worth for club and country with a number of standout performances.
In his debut season for the Blues last term, he bagged 11 goals and 10 assists from just 34 appearances and one of those goals came in the opening exchanges of the FA Cup final in August.
Following the London derby, there will be an international break. The USMNT won’t be playing anyone, considering head coach Gregg Berhalter has not been able to put his squad together amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pulisic would obviously have been one of the first names on the squad sheet. The forward has the opportunity to boost his fitness in the coming weeks such that he can break into Lampard’s lineup once more.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Who will win the 2021 MLS Cup?
- Former Real Madrid manager takes charge at Club America
- Liga MX continue domination of Concacaf Champions League
- Atlanta United appoint former Manchester United star as new manager
- Three talking points after the first round of the MLS Cup play-offs
- Inter Miami bow out of MLS Cup play-offs with defeat to Nashville SC
- Uruguay 0-2 Brazil: Three talking points
- Uruguay’s Luis Suarez to miss Brazil clash after testing positive for COVID-19
- FIFA World Cup qualifier preview: Peru vs Argentina
- FIFA World Cup qualifier preview: Uruguay vs Brazil
- Atlanta United
- Atletico Mineiro
- Boca Juniors
- Club America
- Concacaf Champions League
- FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo
- Inter Miami
- International Friendlies
- LA Galaxy
- Liga MX
- Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC
- Orlando City
- Philadelphia Union
- Sporting Kansas City
- World Cup qualifiers