According to Major League Soccer’s official website, Newcastle United left-back DeAndre Yedlin could make his return to the United States during this summer’s transfer window.
The 27-year-old parted ways with Seattle Sounders to join Tottenham Hotspur in January 2015, but he made only one appearance during the backend of the season.
In the campaign which followed, he was loaned out to Sunderland, where he made 25 appearances, 23 of which came in the Premier League as they avoided relegation in the penultimate matchday.
Thereafter, he was sold by Spurs to the Magpies on a permanent basis in August 2016 and he has remained contracted to the club ever since with 115 appearances to his name.
Yedlin currently has under 12 months remaining on his contract with the Tyneside outfit and it appears that there have been no negotiations over a possible renewal beyond next season.
Hence, he could be on the move this summer and it is reported that he could return to Major League Soccer, where he built his reputation with Sounders between 2013 and 2014.
Still, a deal remains complicated, considering he would need to be assigned as a Designated Player with the transfer fees and wages involved in luring back to the United States.
Yedlin is currently in the Allocation List which includes national team and youth players, who were transferred to a non-MLS club for a transfer sum of more than $500,000.
FC Cincinnati have the priority in the Allocation Order and any other team wishing to sign him, must trade with the Eastern Conference outfit for the number one spot.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Former Real Madrid manager takes charge at Club America
- Liga MX continue domination of Concacaf Champions League
- Atlanta United appoint former Manchester United star as new manager
- Three talking points after the first round of the MLS Cup play-offs
- Inter Miami bow out of MLS Cup play-offs with defeat to Nashville SC
- Uruguay 0-2 Brazil: Three talking points
- Uruguay’s Luis Suarez to miss Brazil clash after testing positive for COVID-19
- FIFA World Cup qualifier preview: Peru vs Argentina
- FIFA World Cup qualifier preview: Uruguay vs Brazil
- Los Angeles FC to face Seattle Sounders in MLS Cup play-offs
- Atlanta United
- Atletico Mineiro
- Boca Juniors
- Club America
- Concacaf Champions League
- FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo
- Inter Miami
- International Friendlies
- LA Galaxy
- Liga MX
- Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC
- Orlando City
- Philadelphia Union
- Sporting Kansas City
- World Cup qualifiers