Major League Soccer side Los Angeles Galaxy have joined the likes of Inter Miami and Seattle Sounders in the race to sign Javier Pastore, a report from Sky Sport (h/t TNT Sports) claims.
The Argentina international is currently in the ranks of AS Roma, but he has struggled to make an impression with just eight starts in the Serie A and Europa League combined this season.
As a result, he has been fancied to pursue a fresh challenge during the summer and it appears that Galaxy are one of the Major League Soccer sides keen on securing his signature.
Galaxy saw Zlatan Ibrahimovic head through the exit door after his contract expired on December 31 and they took the decision to sign Javier Hernandez from Sevilla to fill the Designated Player role.
Aside from Hernandez, Jonathan dos Santos and Cristian Pavon (on loan from Boca Juniors with the option to buy) have occupied the other Designated Player positions permitted and there does not appear the room for Pastore at the moment.
Taking this into regard, a move to Inter Miami can be seen as a more viable choice for Pastore, considering the David Beckham-owned side are still looking to fill the final Designated Player slot.
Injuries have contributed to the downfall of Pastore’s initially promising career. He has already missed 33 games for Roma since joining them from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer of 2018.
The 30-year-old is currently their second-highest earner at around €86,000-a-week and there is a good chance that they could sanction his sale as they look to cope with the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Whoever buys Pastore would have to take the risk with his fitness. On the other hand, it remains to be seen whether the Argentine is prepared to take the step down to Major League Soccer in the backend of his career.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Who will win the 2021 MLS Cup?
- Former Real Madrid manager takes charge at Club America
- Liga MX continue domination of Concacaf Champions League
- Atlanta United appoint former Manchester United star as new manager
- Three talking points after the first round of the MLS Cup play-offs
- Inter Miami bow out of MLS Cup play-offs with defeat to Nashville SC
- Uruguay 0-2 Brazil: Three talking points
- Uruguay’s Luis Suarez to miss Brazil clash after testing positive for COVID-19
- FIFA World Cup qualifier preview: Peru vs Argentina
- FIFA World Cup qualifier preview: Uruguay vs Brazil
- Atlanta United
- Atletico Mineiro
- Boca Juniors
- Club America
- Concacaf Champions League
- FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo
- Inter Miami
- International Friendlies
- LA Galaxy
- Liga MX
- Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC
- Orlando City
- Philadelphia Union
- Sporting Kansas City
- World Cup qualifiers