Sporting Kansas City teenager Gianluca Busio is drawing the attention from three Serie A clubs ahead of this summer’s transfer window, ESPN’s Taylor Twellman has claimed.
Earlier on Friday, Twellman revealed through Twitter that the young midfielder is being closely monitored by three Italian top-flight clubs at the MLS is Back Tournament, in addition to a Dutch side.
He added on Saturday that Fiorentina had failed with a $4m offer for the USA youth international in January and also revealed the interest from Juventus and AC Milan.
Here are his tweets..
The teenager made his debut at the age of 16 for Kansas during the 2018 Major League Soccer season and he has since accumulated another 37 appearances for the club across all competitions.
Out of those, 26 outings came during the 2019 campaign where he featured in 22 league games. He was able to make the starting lineup on 10 occasions while contributing three goals and one assist.
So far, he has been restricted to a couple of cameo appearances off the bench in the MLS is Back Tournament, and it will be interesting to see whether he will make the switch to Europe during the summer.
Aside from the Serie A trio, Twellman did not disclose the Dutch team, but Voetbal Primeur has claimed that Feyenoord are currently competing for the teenager’s signature.
It has been specifically mentioned that the Eredivisie outfit have been tracking his displays since his debut two years ago and could make a transfer offer of their own.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Three talking points after the first round of the MLS Cup play-offs
- Inter Miami bow out of MLS Cup play-offs with defeat to Nashville SC
- Uruguay 0-2 Brazil: Three talking points
- Uruguay’s Luis Suarez to miss Brazil clash after testing positive for COVID-19
- FIFA World Cup qualifier preview: Peru vs Argentina
- FIFA World Cup qualifier preview: Uruguay vs Brazil
- Los Angeles FC to face Seattle Sounders in MLS Cup play-offs
- Philadelphia Union clinch first major silverware through Supporters’ Shield
- Points per game to decide final Major League Soccer standings
- Jack Wilshere eyeing move to Major League Soccer to revive career
- Atlanta United
- Atletico Mineiro
- Boca Juniors
- FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo
- Inter Miami
- International Friendlies
- LA Galaxy
- Liga MX
- Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC
- Orlando City
- Philadelphia Union
- Sporting Kansas City
- World Cup qualifiers